Friday, March 2, 2012

2 Week Warning! (from DC)

I guess I'm posting monthly now huh? In any case, Rock 'n' Roll DC is two weeks from tomorrow. I can't believe its here already. I feel like I just did Vegas, and just signed up for DC. Speaking of signing up, I've registered for a handful of NYRR's spring races, which are also listed on the right. It'll be most of the runs I did last year. Run as One (was the NYRR4 last year), Healthy Kidney 10k, Japan Day (4M) and Wall Street Run (3M). May still sign up for the Scotland Run 10k on April 7. Still deciding.

So to recap the last 3 to 4 weeks, training hit somewhat of a speed bump (not sure if pun was intended...). Before the recovery week I was up to 9 miles on the long run. But since then (3 weeks later), I've only done 1 long run for 10.4 miles, which was a pretty poor run. In fact, I had tried to do the long run a few days earlier, only to cut it short because I just didnt have it. I've also only done hills once since then as well, which was this past Monday, which actually went pretty well. Six reps of the extended hill. The remaining runs were all just easy runs or time trials. Not really thrilled how that turned out. But the one positive is that I have been swimming and have gone 5 times since the last post. Just about once a week. And I think I saw the first results of it from Tuesday's 5 miler. Felt good and strong from start to finish, and probably could have kept on going at the end. Its a shame it wasnt a long run that day. But I totaled about 1400m in the pool last night, if you include the 100m warm up and cool down. Felt pretty good actually, but was hard to get a feel of speed due to congestion in the pool.

Another long run scheduled tonight. Not sure if it'll happen, as the weather is now saying it might start raining when I usually go out. Otherwise, it'll have to happen on Monday. I'm also starting to feel under the weather a little bit. I guess we'll see how it goes. Will hopefully have an update before DC.

No comments: