Hi Friends and Family!
On June 16th I will be participating in this year’s Ride to Montauk as a member of Team Viscardi. This is the second year that Team Viscardi, a group of colleagues, friends, family and neighbors, has come together for the benefit of the children at the Henry Viscardi School. My wife Ahmee is an occupational therapist at the school and knows firsthand the many benefits of a school like Henry Viscardi.
The Henry Viscardi School serves nearly 200 children in grades pre-K through 12 with severe physical disabilities including cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy, as well as rare diseases that require constant medical attention. The needs of our children grow each year, as these recent statistics demonstrate:
• 4 full-time nurses provide approximately 100 medical procedures each day
• 46 students need augmentative communication devices to speak
• Students come from 47 Long Island school districts, as well as Westchester and all five NYC boroughs
• 50% of HVS students are involved in after-school adaptive sports programs, such as wheelchair basketball
Aside from my commitment to complete the 100 mile bike ride, my goal is to raise $500 for the Henry Viscardi School. I hope you will join me in bringing smiles to the children of the School by donating what you can. All funds raised will benefit the programs at HVS and are 100% tax deductible.
Want to support? You can:
(1) make a pledge (and sponsor me!), click here: http://www.abilitiesonline.org/pledgeform.aspx
(2) make a general donation to support Team Viscardi and the School (be sure to select “Team Viscardi/Ride to Montauk” on the Restricted Gifts drop down menu): https://npo1.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=5560
Or to learn more about the School and Team Viscardi’s Ride to Montauk: http://www.abilitiesonline.org/ride.aspx
Questions? Comments? Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support! GO TEAM VISCARDI!