- 12: The number of events I participated in this year, of which included my first triathlon, my second half-marathon and the Urbanathlon.
- 9+1: I completed NYRR's 9+1 for guaranteed entry into the 2012 NYC Marathon. I'm still undecided if I'm actually going to follow through with it.
- 8: the number of PR's (personal records) I achieved in 2011.
- 490: the total number of miles I ran for the year.
- 9:20 my fastest pace for any race over 3 miles.
- $530+, the amount I spent on race fees (YIKES!)
Although Vegas was much hyped, did not turn out to be the experience we had all expected. From the crowds, to the disorganization, to more crowds, it was just a really disappointing experience, with the only redeeming value being that I did better than my time in Chicago. Though not the time I was hoping for, given how my training was going. Thankfully, of the 13 races, there was only 1 where rain was truly an issue. Sloshing through 4 miles of Central Park was certainly an experience! Though it was raining during Urbanathlon, it really wasn't coming down hard enough to have an effect.
|What a year of racing, huh?|
|Oh yea, some bling!|
As I think back to when I started this whole craze, I can't believe how far its come. To think I was crazy enough to tackle a Tri? Only to realize how much fun it is?? Haha....Definitely made a lot of progress through the year, which only means I'll have to work that much harder in 2012 to match it! And speaking of 2012, I'm already registered for 2 events: the Rock n Roll USA Half Marathon in DC on March 17th and the Rev3 Triathlon (Olympic Distance) in Maine on August 26th. Here's to a great 2011, and an even better 2012! Happy New Year everyone.