Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recap: Weeks of 3/8 and 3/15

Was only able to get in 2 runs each week, each of 3.5 miles, except for the first run on 3/8, which was only 1.75miles. Steadily trying to improve my pace each time out. I tried a "tempo" run and it completely wiped me out for the rest of the night. I got home, dug deep to make and eat dinner, took a shower and went to bed, haha. But it felt good to actually be able to sustain that through the 3.5 miles.

I've been hampered by strained calves, which is why I've been limited to 4 runs in the last 2 weeks. First it was my left calf, that healed and is ok now. But last Tuesday I felt a pull in my right calf.  It felt good enough Thursday to go out, so I did, but I apparently reaggrevated it.  So as of today (has been almost 5 days), and its still bothering me. I might just take the rest of the this week off and try to get out on Saturday this week (since its going to be sunny, not as warm though...). Been on a steady diet of ibuprofen and protein, hoping to hasten the healing process.

Oh, and I'm signed up for a 4-mile race on April 11th in Central Park.

This past saturday (3/20) I finally got a quick workout in. Its been a little while, but I wanted to work my way back in. Did pretty much a full body circuit, consisting of:

Squat to shoulder press
Pull up
Push up
Single leg Romanian Dead lift

Did 3 rounds, with a 2 minute rest in between rounds. Felt pretty good, legs were pretty sore the next day, as was my back. Chest wasnt very sore, neither were my triceps. Hoping to repeat the circuit again tonight.

No comments: